Monday, March 22, 2010

The Ripple Effect

Whatever our religious or political beliefs may be, it is the actions we take each day in our lives that makes the biggest impact on this earth. So, while many of us may be thumping on our soap boxes and proselytizing in our cubicles; what have you done personally to help your fellow woman or man? What have you done without a thought of any payback, without a chance that they will be swayed to your way of thinking? What have you done to help your community without a thought for yourself or your cause? I am not asking this to point fingers or make anyone feel judged. It just seems that lately I find myself spending a great deal more time complaining about my situation and the plight of the world, than I do actually doing something about it. This is something I need to change and I am just wondering how many others feel the same way. So, with this in mind, I would like to know others stories of good 'samaritan-ism' or ideas of how they will integrate it into their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment